cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off 1571 voicemail

Anonymous
Not applicable

I called customer service to ask them to turn off this annoying voicemail feature because we have old people living in the house who take long time to answer calls pluz we don’t need it. The staff member said if they remove this that I will lose my discount and my bill will go upto £51 what the hack so left it on then asked if we could increase number of rings got told no why is virgin media putting this much restriction on customer i am seriously regretting joining them now. Any advice?

5 REPLIES 5

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sid9,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you haven't been able to remove free voicemail, this shouldn't effect your package and discounts.

So I can have a look for you I will invite you into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

My parents (92 years old and walking with a stick) cannot possibly get to the phone within 5 rings (when the caller is disconnected).

I had excellent communication with Customer Service, but after sending endless details of the acoount and receiving confirmation that they would increase the rings to 10 (maximum!!) there was no change. When I followed it up, I was told that because my parents are now on fibre optic it was not possible to increase the number of rings!!!

We'll be changing to a different supplier for landline, internet and two mobile phones. A cousin has the same problem.

I see Virgin Orbiter doesn't work either.

Hi @Richard601 thanks for reaching out on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear about your frustration wit this.
I can see my colleague is in a private discussion with you on the chat.
They will assist from there.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Your colleague (who has indeed communicated with me quickly and courteously throughout) tells me it is technically impossible to increase the number of rings when the landline is on the fibre network. This seems extraordinary. 

We'll be replacing Virgin Media with a different provider. Good luck with replacing  the Virgin Orbiter rocket and all the little satellites that burnt up with it. 

Thanks for the reply @Richard601 on the forums.

And the VOIP fibre line may not be able to accommodate the needs you have for the line as the technology does not allow us to just yet.
If you do choose another provider then we cannot stop you and hope to see you again one day.

With regards to the spaceship, we don't deal with that here sorry as we are the site for telecoms, not space projects.

Kind regards,
Ilyas. 

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs