Menu
dave_owen
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Turn off 1571 on home phone

I urgently need to turn off the 1571 answer service on the home phone as my 92 year old mother is unable to reach the phone and answer it in time. She is in danger of missing important calls such as from the doctor's surgery. I've tried phoning 150 but it is always busy.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Turn off 1571 on home phone

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your post 🙂

I can extend the ring for her to 10 rings, as if she gets rid of voicemail they will not be able to leave a voicemail if she is out or away from the phone. Let us know what you would like to do 

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
dave_owen
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoie,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I managed to get through to 150 and they have arranged to remove the 1571 voice mail service sometime tomorrow. Can you confirm that, once this is done, the phone will ring indefinitely and will not be limited to a certain number of rings. We have an answerphone built into the phone so that will pick up any messages after a much longer set number of rings if we switch it on. Ten rings wouldn't necessarily give her enough time and, at 92 years of age, she is in danger of falling as she rushes to get to the phone in time.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @dave_owen

Thank you for taking the time to come back to us. 

These changes do take around 24 hours to come into effect, however if it would put your mind at easy we would be more than happy to take a look over this for you! 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos