Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Trying to cancel my dads phone when he as gone into a carehome and we dont know password

My dad as gone into a care home and as dementia I thought it would be simple to cancel his phone on his behalf,how wrong I was .The person I spoke to kept repeating you need a password to do this ,as I don't  know  it an I know my dad won't l have hit a brick wall.I told him I would just cancel the direct debit and he said I couldn't  do that and dads  details would be sent to a debt agency.This is a very stressful  time for us as a family and virgin are just making it even more so .Please help .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to cancel my dads phone when he as gone into a carehome and we dont know password

Hi Frankie8,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I am truly sorry to hear about your dad and how our agent dealt with your call. 

I would like to see what I can do to assist with this. Can I confirm this is concerning a Mobile account? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Trying to cancel my dads phone when he as gone into a carehome and we dont know password

No it's a landlines 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Okay, thank you for that. 

What I will do is private message you so I can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Frankie8,

Firstly can I take your Virgin Media account number?
Can you confirm the full name of the account holder?
If I speaking with the account Holder?
Lastly, the 1st, 3rd & 5th characters of the memorable word on the account?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My apologies Frankie8, we have had to move your recent message as it was on a public part. I will re message you via private message. 

^Martin

0 Kudos