Menu
Angdrais
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Trying out cancel home phone

My 90 old father is now in a nursing home and I need to cancel his home phone line. He is suffering from dementia and is sedated and cannot call.

i rang a short while ago to say this and because I did not know the password set up several years ago they would not help me. I advised them that I pay the bill by my direct debit and I know his date of birth etc, they then just cut me off. I was being very polite.

I manage his account online but find it impossible to find out how to arrange disconnection. You are unable to speak to my father due to his sedation and dementia.

Please help

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying out cancel home phone

Hey Angdrais,

Please send a message to our team on 0753 305 1809 or via our messaging service on this link https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus/make-a-complaint and clicking the Broadband,TV,phone button and the team will be able to raise the cancellation for you.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Angdrais
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I was given a text message no to send to. I answered a series of automated questions then supposedly put through to a team at around 5.30 then nothing.........no reply

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Disappointing to hear Angdrais, the messaging team are really busy at the moment and working hard to respond to all queries as soon as possible. The responses you have had will be from the automated service to get more details to pass you to the correct team.

We can't make these changes here via the forums but if you give the team a call on 150/0345 454 1111 option 1 then option 4 this will get you through to the team who will be happy to look into this further for you.

Rob

0 Kudos