cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TrueCall Blocker not working

Nomad110
Tuning in

Virgin Media changed me over to their Fiber telephone network using an adapter  plugged into the back of my V3 router. My TrueCall Blocker no longer works correctly. I can make calls from the handset, however i can't receive any incoming calls. Tried to contact TrueCall but goes to an  answer  machine saying answer machine full! They must be swamped with TrueCall not working as a result of the Virgin Media switch. Any help out there would be appreciated.

Brian  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

When problems have cropped up on here with trueCall devices in the past, trueCall support has been able to remotely 'dial in' to the individual unit and review how the incoming call is being processed by the trueCall device.

trueCall support was then able to tweak the device settings to match the setup of the VM line.

I can't think what would have changed during the switchover (perhaps something to do with the presentation of the caller ID or signalling for an incoming call as you will now be missing a bell wire when connected to the VM hub which the trueCall device may not be understanding).

You have at least confirmed that the line is working and caller ID is present.

I think your route to a remedy is probably via trueCall. If you can't get through on the phone, try reporting here

https://www.truecall.co.uk/articles.asp-ID=83.html

If you have online access through the trueCall web portal, I think you can raise a ticket there maybe.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

For the purposes of testing, what happens if you take the trueCall out of the equation and just plug in a phone direct to the hub?

Also, do you get caller ID on the phone showing when you call in (minus the trueCall device)?

It is not uncommon, in reports on here, for caller ID to drop off the line during the switchover, which would affect the trueCall screening process.

It is also reported on here that the switchover process can take a long time to fully complete (someone recently reported a 24 hour window before all was working correctly).

Test with just a phone connected and see if you can receive calls and get caller ID OK.

Thanks for the reply. Tge changeover was completed 4 days ago. Disconnecting the TrueCall unit and plugging phone directly in back of the V3 box, the handset can make and receive calls without problem. Yes, the callers number is displayed ok on the handset.

Brian

goslow
Alessandro Volta

When problems have cropped up on here with trueCall devices in the past, trueCall support has been able to remotely 'dial in' to the individual unit and review how the incoming call is being processed by the trueCall device.

trueCall support was then able to tweak the device settings to match the setup of the VM line.

I can't think what would have changed during the switchover (perhaps something to do with the presentation of the caller ID or signalling for an incoming call as you will now be missing a bell wire when connected to the VM hub which the trueCall device may not be understanding).

You have at least confirmed that the line is working and caller ID is present.

I think your route to a remedy is probably via trueCall. If you can't get through on the phone, try reporting here

https://www.truecall.co.uk/articles.asp-ID=83.html

If you have online access through the trueCall web portal, I think you can raise a ticket there maybe.

Thank you, i have just raised a ticket with TrueCall. See what happens. Thanks for your help.

Sorted. Needed two software updates using  weblink. And a tweek at their end. All wormking now.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Nomad110,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and for keeping us updated on your issue. I'm glad that our Community Members have been able to assist with this problem.

Glad to hear that the software updates helped resolve this!

Please let us know if you need any further help or assistance! We're here if you need us going forward. 😊

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs