cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trespass and damaged wall

Trespassing1
Joining in

Have just returned home to find two engineers that have just finished installing a virgin media box which I never asked for.  When I asked them they said it was for virgin media, but I’m not with virgin media never have been and certainly did not give them permission to install it.  When can someone remove this and repair the damage to my wall?  I’m sure if I went and drilled holes in a virgin media building they’d have something to say about it. 

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

This issue does get surprisingly-regular mentions on here.

One of the VM forum team will reply within a few days and probably offer to take some details but keep your expectations of a speedy resolution from VM at a very low level.

Similar past topics often detail lots of never-ending communication back and forward with VM and its repair sub-contractors but often not a lot of repairing taking place. Here is a similar past example

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Illegally-Installed-Box-Criminal-Damage-t...

Seek specific advice from Citizens Advice on how best to proceed.

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Trespassing1 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you onto our community forum 😊.

Sorry to see there has been some misunderstanding ☹.

Thank you for brining this to our attention. 

I will have a look into this for you and grab some details, for that I will have to private message you. 

Please watch out for the envelope ✉.

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide