Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Transferring phone number

We have closed one VM Account & opened another but despite Customer Relations Dept promise, the old number has not been transferred across to the new account.

Given that we haven't got 45 minutes every evening trying to get through to someone on  150, how do we get this simple task moving ?????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transferring phone number

Hi tramleys,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of this. I cannot promise that I will be able to sort this but I'll do my best. I'll PM you now 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

After moving 2 steps forward we have now moved 3 steps back as VM advise that we cannot transfer our number because the "previous provider has disconnected it" ……. previous provider was, yes you guessed it ….. VIRGIN MEDIA !!!!

Are we now back to call waiting  for 45 minutes to try and find out what's going on ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi tramleys

I did advise the other day via PM, if you get account holder to sign up to the forums, we'd be happy to look into this further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Which is fine John,

But why should she  - we haven't caused the problem, VM created this issue by not doing what you told me on the 11th Sept you would or Karen last Tuesday after she waited for 45 minutes and spoke to one of your Team.

I was texted and advised that number would be transferred on the 12/11/20 and was then texted a message that "the previous provider had disconnected the number"......you VM were that provider, so not unsurprisingly, we were flabbergasted.

Would you not be touch frustrated by now ? Coronavirus is many things, but what it is not is an excuse for poor service.

PS I'm typing this message on behalf of Karen Bramley so perhaps you can now look into this for her.....please !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I understand what you're saying however we would need to speak to the account holder

Hence - If you get them to sign up, we'll be more than happy to help sort this out

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos