Menu
Willeon
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Transferring my BT phone number to Virgin

Hello all

I am looking to move my BT phone number over to my virgin phone line.

There are a lot of threads on this and differing views on how to do this and I just need to understand what needs to be done and in what order.

Currently with BT and just had a new number set up with Virgin as part of a package and have tested this and it works. I have not cancelled with BT as yet and am not tied in to a contract term.

So in what order do I do things - just a  simple step by step guide about who I speak to about what and in what order would be good.

Many thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transferring my BT phone number to Virgin

Hey Willeon,

We can look into this for you and get the appropriate orders raised on our system.

I would need to do this by private message, so that we can clear account security and confirm your details. Also please make sure that you keep your BT Line active so that we can complete the transfer 

I will drop the private message over in a moment, so that we can get the number port arranged for you.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
pawalder
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven.  I'm in pretty much the same situation as the original poster.  I would have thought it was a common query, but after a lot of searching around the website this is the first place I've found any relevant information or assistance.  I'd be really grateful if you could also message me to make the same arrangements.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey pawalder,

The number port should be requested at the point of sale, as the team should ask this question and then make the correct order request on the system.

I can drop you a private message over in a moment, so that we can get this looked into further.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos