Menu
MaidenUK
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Transferring Sky phone number to Virgin

Hi, I would be grateful for some help please.

I have had two attempts to transfer my sky landline to Virgin, both appear to have failed.

I managed to get through on the phone both times, so I thought I would try this route instead.

This is really frustrating, I was on both calls for 20 plus minutes, and I can't help but wonder what the call operator did during those 20 mins, as it certainly wasn't trying to resolve my issue.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transferring Sky phone number to Virgin

Hi there @MaidenUK

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you've had some issues bringing your number over to us from your old provider. 

When bring a number from an old provider, the number must still be active with your old provider for us to request it. If the number is no longer active, the request would be rejected. It also cannot have a future disconnection order on it either - it must be fully active and working. 

If you can confirm that your number is still active with your old provider, I'll be happy to assist you and book on the request. Once requested, the timescale to get the number over is around 10 working days. 

Pop back when you can and if your number is still active with your old provider, I'll pop you a Private Message and we can get the ball rolling 🙂 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MaidenUK
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the response.

Yes the number is still active, I have not told Sky that we have moved yet... hence we are still paying for it!

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @MaidenUK

In that case, I'll pop you a quick Private Message to take some information from you and we can get the request booked on for you 🙂 I have located your account from your forum information so we just need to go through security and take your number you wish to port to us. 

Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos