Menu
bsatheeshVM
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Transferring Sky phone number to Virgin

Hi, Hope everyone well. I would be grateful for some help, as my issue is very similar to an another one posted today. I have had two attempts to transfer my sky landline to Virgin, both appear to have failed.

Firstly when I have placed by original order with Virgin on 03Mar as part of which I hv requested to transfer my then SKY landline number to Virgin and this was failed to be activated at the time of installation on 22Mar. 

Secondly knowing it was not transferred, I hv called the support again on 09Apr on which date the SKY number was active (as I was told so) and I the porting & activation was promised on 23Apr. I have patiently waiting only to learn last week that the old number still not ported.

I have tried to reach support again and finally only today I managed to chat with them and understood that the number is not active with the old provider, hence the transfer is not possible. I believe there is an opportunity lost due to number of mis-comm.

This is really frustrating, I was few calls for 20 plus minutes for few times now, and yet the issue is not solved. My current preference is to request to change my phone number if possible for good reasons, as I'm yet to publicise the new number. Let me know how we do that. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transferring Sky phone number to Virgin

Hello

If the number from Sky is not active then the only way for Virginmedia to request the line port is for you to get the Sky number activated again for a short term, as per the Ofcom rules a number can only be ported if the line is still active and doesn't have a cancellation request on it.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transferring Sky phone number to Virgin

Hi BsatheeshVM,

I can see you have already posted in the forum on a different thread. If you could please stick to on post we can help you as best we can and as @DJ_Shadow1966 has advised the line needs to be active, if it is we will happily process this for you 

Zoie 

0 Kudos