Menu
garobr
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Transferring Landline number from EE to VM

My installation was 8 Dec and I was promised I could transfer my old landline number from EE. Virgin had a problem getting my landline working and I was without for a month and it only finally starting working this morning (7 Jan), however it’s now on a completely different number. As recommended I left my EE account running to overlap the Virgin account for three weeks (having been promised weeks ago the landline problem was simple and would be fixed in 48 hours) but the EE contract finally ceased on 29 Dec. Reading these forums I can see that it is still perfectly possible to transfer over a landline number on request from BT even after the contract has finished. Could someone help me with this please? It’s now been over a month without a landline...

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transferring Landline number from EE to VM

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, garobr,

Sorry to hear that you number transfer had not gone as planned. Can you confirm if the number with EE is still active?  As the number can only be transferred if the line with the originating provider is active.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
garobr
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey

No as I said, my Virgin connection began on 8 Dec, but they failed to connect landline park of the package. I’d left my EE number live until 29 Dec, as was assured the landline would be up and running within 24-48 hours of 8 Dec by the installation engineer Christian. I thought 3 weeks would have been ample time. However, my research shows that a number no longer live reverts to BT, but can then still be transferred/ported/re-issued. If you check these forums throughly there are several cases where this has happened and satisfactorily resolved. The number doesn’t need to be live still, but VM need to contact BT to arrange. I believe there is might be a fee involved which is why Virgin doesn’t encourage it!!! 🤔. However, the fault here is most certainly not my end! I only transferred to VM as I was promised I could transfer my number, and there was no way I would have switched to VM if this wasn’t possible, so I’d definitely consider this a breach of contract on what was promised...

TIA

Gary

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

We can't promise we can fix it but we'd love to get some further details via a personal message and take it from there. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos