cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer phone from Plusnet

drodgers
Dialled in

I ordered VM broadband & phone transferring my existing phone number from Plusnet, VM informed Plusnet and all was well, that is until VM started delaying my go live date, after a number of changes I’ve moved the transfer with Plusnet. However I’ve not got a great deal of confidence after 8 engineers (so far) have worked on my connection and I still don’t have a cable that the service will be live on 28th April. I don’t want to lose my phone number, is it possible to cancel the transfer thereby retaining my phone and Plusnet broadband and port my number to VM at a later date when I know VM service is working? I’ll be paying for both VM and Plusnet for a period but I figure the delayed install compensation will cover that. I did ask VM customer services on the last change of install date but they didn’t know, I’m not going to mention it’s the truly worst customer service I’ve ever come across as that appears to be a common topic on the forum. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi drodgers, 

Thanks for sticking with us on this one. 

It sounds as though they may have set the account to cancel on that date then. If you ask them not to cancel the service then when we do request the number port from them, once it's completed, this will automatically end the phone and broadband service with them as they'll no longer be providing the service to you. Instead we will. 

Keep us posted on how things go and if you need any further help, you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi drodgers, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your number port and install issues on the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that we've had to put the installation on hold for now due to further works being needed to be completed. Whilst this isn't ideal, it does happen on occasions due to the way we provide our network. 

Any number port instruction would remain pending until your installation is done. Once the services go live, we would then request the number to be ported over. As long as you haven't set your services to cancel with Plusnet then they should continue to provide broadband and phone for you and this in turn will allow us to then bring your number over once the install has been done. 

If you have any further queries or questions, let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks for the reply, Plusnet told me my account would cease on the day of the original VM installation, I’ve now let them know the latest date as I didn’t want cut off, if I tell them I want to keep the account open with no end date then when I do finally get a VM connection you can request the transfer at that point, I guess it will then be a 10 day wait, I’d rather have 2 services than no service.

Hi drodgers, 

Thanks for sticking with us on this one. 

It sounds as though they may have set the account to cancel on that date then. If you ask them not to cancel the service then when we do request the number port from them, once it's completed, this will automatically end the phone and broadband service with them as they'll no longer be providing the service to you. Instead we will. 

Keep us posted on how things go and if you need any further help, you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team