cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of old landline number

AngelaD58
Joining in

When signing up to VM, I requested the transfer of our landline number.  I can see no reference to it on the contract paperwork and can only hope it is being dealt with.  Meanwhile, I have postponed the termination of the contract with our previous provider (& therefore still paying for it) as I was advised it had to be active to transfer the number.  I need confirmation the number transfer request is in progress, and a date this will happen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

drodgers
Dialled in

Angela when I placed my VM order for broadband and phone transfer they contacted my ISP who sent me a sorry you are leaving email with the install date VM had promised, nothing on VM paperwork but confirmation from my current ISP. Then I was plagued by poor VM service and multiple delay installation dates resulting in me extending my ISP contract so that service and the phone number wasn’t lost. VM finally made my service live this week but didn’t automatically request my number transfer, I’ve had to make a specific request to VM and my original ISP has now confirmed a transfer date. So you should have had an original transfer date confirmation from the losing ISP, I would contact them and ask if they have had a request to transfer your number. If not you need to request a number port from the VM forum team and then check with the losing ISP. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @AngelaD58 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear that your number was not ported as arranged. We can certainly take a look at our side to see what's happening with the porting process and account. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

drodgers
Dialled in

Angela when I placed my VM order for broadband and phone transfer they contacted my ISP who sent me a sorry you are leaving email with the install date VM had promised, nothing on VM paperwork but confirmation from my current ISP. Then I was plagued by poor VM service and multiple delay installation dates resulting in me extending my ISP contract so that service and the phone number wasn’t lost. VM finally made my service live this week but didn’t automatically request my number transfer, I’ve had to make a specific request to VM and my original ISP has now confirmed a transfer date. So you should have had an original transfer date confirmation from the losing ISP, I would contact them and ask if they have had a request to transfer your number. If not you need to request a number port from the VM forum team and then check with the losing ISP. 

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @AngelaD58 

Glad we were able to get this fully resolved for you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley