Menu
PKteam
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Transfer of Landline number to my VM landline for relative

Hi any helpful forum VM scouts out there who can help me with this and how I go about transferring my mother's number to my VM landline as she is coming  to live with us and I need as simple a process as possible and really need her to keep landline number !! to keep important contacts with relatives.

She is with another internet/phone provider and it is live account.

Thanks, PK

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Transfer of Landline number to my VM landline for relative

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums PKteam.

If you're seeking to port a number to Virgin Media from another provider it would require both lines at your Mother's property and your property to be current active. 

You would then need to speak to our Telco team, to request that we speak to your Mother's provider to release the number so we can then take ownership, and to add this to your Virgin Media account.

This may also require your Mother calling her provider to advise of them of the port - she will also need to call the provider to cancel any of her other services (TV and Broadband for instance)

If you need further assistance, feel free to come back to us.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

PKteam
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks David all sorted with prompt and attentive service !!! Have a good day 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear it @PKteam

We do thank you for popping back with your update - this not only helps us know that things are all working but also assist our community users who may have a similar issue. 

Hope all is still ok for you - you know where we are if you need anything further. 

Have a good week and stay safe. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide