cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer landline number

11Kel
Joining in

I have had problems with virgin since I moved house and had 3 engineers who have been unable to install due to something outside the house. Gave up in the end as had no tv or broadband for 6 weeks.

I have now signed up to sky and still having problems with virgin as I want to keep my landline number that I have had for 25 years and it keeps getting rejected when sky are processing it. I called virgin who said they can't help as I am a FORMER customer. I don't believe this and feel I am been given wrong information as when I called 2 days previously they could do a port out but needed a temporary number which I now have but won't help me  

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm sorry 11Kel,

There is no way to port a disconnected number.

We can see if we're able to re-connect the account to them allow the port, but there is no guarantee that we'll be able to do this.

Let me know if you're wanting me to try and I'll pop you over a private message for a new more details.

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi 11Kel,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear there's been some confusion over your number port.

Your new provider would need the number to be active in order to port it over, if this has now been disconnected they wouldn't be able to request it.

Alex_Rm

Thanks for replying. There must be a way of transferring my number over once I cancelled my services, can you advise?

Only got confirmation that it was cancelled 2 days after doing it

Alas no, if you cancelled the service with VM that that will automatically put a hard stop on any chance of a number port as per OFCOM regulations. 

I'm sorry 11Kel,

There is no way to port a disconnected number.

We can see if we're able to re-connect the account to them allow the port, but there is no guarantee that we'll be able to do this.

Let me know if you're wanting me to try and I'll pop you over a private message for a new more details.

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex,

If you can try yes please. Private msg me please

No worries 🙂

Look out for a little purple envelope, top right hand corner.

Alex_Rm