Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Transfer a TalkTalk phone number to Virgin landline

We have Virgin and TalkTalk landlines

We want to cancel the TalkTalk landline but keep its number and transfer that number to our Virglin landline

Possible?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfer a TalkTalk phone number to Virgin landline

Contact Virgin & ask to port your number.

Do NOT cancel with your existing supplier. Virgin will arrange all this & your TalkTalk account will be terminated on the day of the transfer.

VIP pack with VIVID 350. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Welcome to our Forum alastaird and thanks for posting.

I want to rubber stamp @nodrogd advice to not cancel your Talk Talk landline if you wish to port the number to us as it must be an active line to port. If you've already asked them to disconnect your Talk Talk account, please call them to cancel the disconnection as the open order on their system would stop us from placing a port order with them.

Are you already installed? If not then we'll have to wait until the installation has been completed and we can simply raise a number change on your account for the port. It can take up to 10 days depending on how many Operators are involved and whether for example you've moved address whilst switching Operators.

Please give us more information so we can look at next steps for your porting your number over to us.

Regards,

Lisa

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa

We have had the Virgin landline for about 15 years and the TalkTalk one for the same period

How do I contact Virgin? It's not exactly clear, on the website - not even an email address. If I could have an email address, I'd include all the relevant info in it

Cheers

Alastair

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No problem, I'll pop you over a private message so we can go through this after passing security on the account.

Please respond to this by going to the purple envelope in the top right of the screen.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos