Menu
mfarmilo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Transfer Landline Number from Virgin Business to Residential

I'm currently with Virgin Business, but was looking at residential packages the other day and got a call from their team the following day. They offered me a good deal, but after speaking withe the business team again (who had earlier said I could do this with no problem) I was told there was no way to keep my number, even though they managed it with no problem when I switched from residential to business a couple of years ago. So I spoke with the pre-install team on residential, who said they could do a process to reserve the number, and I should call either 174 or 175 (they weren't sure which) after a certain time to find out if it had worked. They had no idea how I would know it had worked, just that it would somehow tell me. I'm just wondering if anyone in Virgin knows about this process, and is it likely to work? I've had this number since 1996 and would hate to lose it obviously.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfer Landline Number from Virgin Business to Residential

174/175 is simply an automated number readback facility (similar to 1471) telling you the number on the line you are currently using.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mfarmilo
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hmm, it doesn't do that at the moment - just says I've dialled incorrectly please try again.

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @mfarmilo

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to private message you to discuss this further, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos