Menu
Hamslay
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Transfer Landline Number from Virgin Business to Residential

Hi,

I've had Virgin Business cable broadband, along with a landline, for severalyears. I have decided to switch to the full Virgin bundle including TV, and so have had to open a new residential account. My new install is next week, and I have set my Virgin Business account to cancel next month. However, I have a problem. When opening the residential account over the phone, the sales person was unable to accept the existing landline number for porting over as it was already with a different division of Virgin. Apparently they can only port a number with another provider. If I wait until the business account closes, that number will then return to BT and I will lose it. I have been using this number for 15 years but it seems to be a problem for Virgin to move this number to my new line. Is it really impossible? Is there a team I can contact to try to sort something before the number is lost?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfer Landline Number from Virgin Business to Residential

Hi Tim.

Thanks for posting and welcome to the residential account side of the business 🙂

I fully get what you're doing here and why you want to keep the same number, I cannot give you a guarantee but I will try my best for you

I shall PM you now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos