cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer BT landline to virgin

Peter8marsh
Tuning in

Hi. I’m a new customer to virgin. Still a customer of BT during the 14 day cool off period. I was promised that I could transfer my BT landline number to virgin but ti hasn’t happened. One member of the virgin team said it wasn’t possible. Is that true? I’ve seen some discussion on this forum dating you can. It’s a killer for me. If I can’t transfer my landline number then I will have to cancel. HELP!

8 REPLIES 8

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Peter,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome both here and to Virgin Media, you can bring a number in to us from BT however this can only happen if the number is still active with them, if you have already cancelled it we won't be able to, you would need to keep it active, once we process this it can take 10 Working days.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul
The number is still active. It’s great to know I can do that. Your advisor over the phone said that my number is not in your ‘block of numbers’ or something to that effect. My number is a standard Shrewsbury dialling code.

How can i make this happen Paul?

Have you moved address, it may be the number cannot sit on our switch, so I can check this, I will send you an invite into a private chat, one received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

No, I haven’t moved address for 7 years. Yes, can we chat please?

Hi there @Peter8marsh, Paul has sent you a PM so this can be discussed further. Please check your messages via the purple envelope at the top right hand corner of the forum page.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan and Paul. I'm keen to resolve this. Can you contact me please

Hi Peter,

Thank you for joining me in a private chat and for clearing security, glad I was able to help get your BT number ported over to us, if you haven't already don't forget to set up an Online Account, if you do need any further help do not hesitate to reach back out, this will allow you to check bills, manage your account and make some minor changes.

Regards

Paul.