Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tranfer landline number

I had virgin installed yesterday and had asked for my landline number to remain the same. I was told it would change automatically when sky deactivated. Got up this morning and landline was dead so swapped to virgin hub and number has not changed over. Spent 1hr 30 on hold to be told they hadn't requested the number transfer and that there is nothing they can do. At this time as I have to work from home and make calls to our most vulnerable children at school and can be called in at any point I need this number. I really am very angry that this has not been done. 

Is there any way of getting my number back?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tranfer landline number

Welcome to our Forum Antony68 and thanks for posting.

I'm afraid we're only able to port active numbers. What happens is that if you've asked us to transfer the number from Sky, we would have placed an order with them for a specific date. We would then trigger the port once you have been installed, usually a short time after the install.  If we did send a port request to them, we wouldn't have been able to as you've asked Sky to disconnect the line which would have prevented our order taking place on their system as any open work orders would prevent their system from creating the port order.

I've had a look at your details and can see that there is no mention of a port request prior to today and so a port request was never made. The only mention of a port is when you contacted us earlier to query this. I'm sorry about this but the only way to get your number back is to make it active again so we can port it.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

When I signed up the agent wrote down we wanted to keep the number. I have his name if you want it. The gentleman that installed yesterday also said the number would become active  when sky cut off. I am a key worker, primary school, and make daily phone calls to vulnerable children and if there are any issues my safeguarding officer or agency contacts me by phone. This is really going to cause issues. 

I did not request the transfer today but a several weeks ago. I am really disappointed and feel quite angry about this. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I completely understand and if the port was requested then the number would have transferred over but I cannot see any reference to porting on the form as there is a porting field on there. Let me send you a Private Message so I can get more details from you. Please reply back to it.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok have done as you requested.

0 Kudos