Menu
steveref
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Total Non communication from a communications company (Virgin Media)

I have had a non working landline for days now.

I have been a VM customer for about 15 years. Up to now the way the process worked was that Virgin advertised a product or service; if I liked it and liked the price I either bought the product or I contracted to receive a service (which included fixing any problems), VM billed me and I paid the bills

However the current situation where I have a landline problem but Virgin are simply uncontactable, by ant means, has broken that relationship and that contract

Dialling 150 or the customer service number (from my mobile) just directs you to virginmedia.com.

The website simply informs you that 'unfortunately virus quarantine measures have closed some of our call centres. Please only call if you absolutely need to' - on what number would that be then ?

the Help page simply directs you to a test system that either cuts out after testing at about 8% or goes to 100 % and tells you there are no obvious problems

Clearly a killer virus on the loose is very likely to inhibit, or to stop completely, home visits - all VM has to do is to clearly tell us that, either in one of its recorded phone messages, or on its website, or both

instead the phone drives you round a series of menus which eventually directs you to the website, which leads nowhere (and don't bother with the 'text message' number some posts direct you to, that simply directs you back to virginmedia.com

All in all, a complete waste of time and effort in trying to receive any communication from a company that brands itself as a cutting edge, customer service oriented communications company

steveref
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Total Non communication from a communications company (Virgin Media)

Still had NO communication from Virgin whatsoever but, after 3 days of no landline, the dialling tone has suddenly, magically, returned

Don't know whether it will disappear again as suddenly as re-appeared but, fingers crossed, it is permanent

Good luck to all those others who are still waiting, and of course it doesn't remove my earlier criticisms of Virgin as a NON Communication company

0 Kudos
wirefox
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Total Non communication from a communications company (Virgin Media)

I've had no landline, really needed, for five weeks. They have quite simply shut up shop. Although still taking the money. Sorry viruses or not other companies have not done this. Disgusting and for me after 17 years the last straw.

0 Kudos