Menu
xasadk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Too many problems with VM

My brother is moving out he is on VM. So the point was he leaves, cancels the contract and I join as a new customer and keep the landline number.

Saturday he phones VM and ask "I'm moving house so if i cancel my virgin media can my brother then order a new package on his new name and also keep the landline number for the property as I will not be taking it with me" 

He is told yes. "We can end your contract now as you're already on a rolling package and won't face any early cancellation fees. Once we cancel yours then your brother (me) can book his own package and request the number port also.

Saturday evening I come home from work my brother tells me "VM have cancelled my package now and said you can book yours everything should be fine"

So I book mine and also fill the number port request. Cool nice everything going well. Next thing you know I get an email about equipment arriving on the 12th of December...cool I can wait my brothers internet should obviously work till then if I have to wait 2 weeks for my equipment to come

yh...Only that today about 1am internet cut off. No internet, the phone isn't working either everything has gone dead.

So basically right now it looks like i'm without internet for 2 weeks and also still have no idea if we'll be able to keep our landline number as a rep on here told me he sees no request put through and I can't even get through to the CS team on the mobile I've been waiting for 40mins now and looks like the call centre will close before they reach my phone lol.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Too many problems with VM

he can get a new a new contract but you can't port the number.

You can't open an account if there is an active account and you can't port a number if the line is canceled or has a cancellation request.
0 Kudos
xasadk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So we've basically been misled by multiple people with no training even the guy I just phoned finally said yh call the team tomorrow and they can get it sorted out

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

its possible they can transfer the number but it can;t be ported. Porting has set rules from ofcom and opening a new account wouldn't follow them.

It may also be a system to stop people from doing just this to get new customer deals.

0 Kudos
xasadk
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure about the terminology they used but he was told that I can keep the number when he cancels and moves out. Do you know if it's possible to get the number after his line has gone completely dead because that's what happened. His package is fully over no dial tone nothing no internet but mine I was told starts on the 3rd dec

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi xasadk,

Thanks for posting, and sorry for any confusion over what's been advised regarding keeping the old number.

The community are right in what they are saying, we would need an active line for a number port, this would be a transfer however, not a number port, so we may be able to get this back. I do need to set the expectation however that this isn't guarnateed.

I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos