Menu
Mary21
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tone number not transferred

Hi,

I joined Virgin Broadband on the 14th April and requested my home phone number was transferred from TalkTalk. I've waited a while as the COVID is obviouly causing delays but I'm now wondering if I have been forgotton. Can anyone help with this please?

Mary

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tone number not transferred

Hello Mary21

Sorry to hear of the landline number issues around transferring it from your previous provider. Thank you for taking the time to raise this via the forums.

Can you confirm if we or your previous provider advised of a date for this to be transferred over? If so, can you confirm what date was given please?

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Mary21
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob,

I requeted the number transfer on the order to Virgin. My Order Confimation, received 14 Apr 2020, included the statement:

"Important – don't cancel your existing phone line. We'll transfer your number over and that will close your old phone line. (It usually takes around 10 days)."

Does that help?

Regards,

Mary

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is the number still active with Talk Talk Mary?  I ask because we can only port active numbers. Please give us more information so we can try and find out what has happened to it.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Mary21
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Lisa,

The number was active when we moved house and took up Virgin Broadband at our new house.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to us Mary21, I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some more information from you.

Looking forward to hearing back form you.

Rob

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Mary21, also the address held by Talk Talk as you have advised this was after a house move.

Rob

0 Kudos