Menu
janetgrant
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo V6 box is stuck on the start up screen

Hi

My Tivo V6 box is stuck on the start up screen .I've had this problem for nearly two weeks now.  I've unplugged it, check cables all the normal things and I'm also phoning Virgin but i'm on the phone for an hour then the call cuts off. I need a new Tivo box but it's been impossible to report it to Virgin. Has anybody else had this problem with their Tivo box? 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo V6 box is stuck on the start up screen

Hi janetgrant,

Sorry to hear about your TV Box not working. Can you confirm whether it's a TiVo or V6 box that is stuck on start up? If you have more than one TV Box, are both like that or just the one? Is there any error message showing on the screen?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
janetgrant
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa

We only have one box and it's a V6. There's no error message. The only message on the screen is starting up. I can't get access to any other options.

No TV guide or My shows etc. 

regards

Janet

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Janet, 

Can you unplug the network adapter, phone cord, or Ethernet cable from the back of the TiVo box, and then disconnect the power cord. Wait 15 seconds, and then connect the power cord again

Chris

0 Kudos
janetgrant
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris

I've unplugged/plugged in all the cables and restarted the box. I'm still getting the starting up screen. I've also got 3 flashing lights on the box display. One light is power on light (which flashes white to purple) and the other two flashing lights are green.

Thanks

Janet

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi janetgrant, thanks for providing that information, I will send you a private message. Chris

0 Kudos