Menu
Rowles44
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

There is is no dial tone

Can somebody help.  There is no dial tone.  When I phone Virgin to check faults in the area there are none. 

I try to phone virgin on 0345 454 1111 and it just hangs up on my saying ring later!  I have elderly parents with no access to  phone

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: There is is no dial tone

Hi Rowles44,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Landline looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you, could you tell me more about what is occurring with your landline please?
Some of the questions we usually ask are - 
•    Is there a dial tone? What do you hear when you pick up the receiver? (crackly/error message/No dial tone/yes dial tone)
•    Can you make/receive calls from Virgin Media landlines, what about non Virgin Media lines (non Virgin Media and all mobile numbers)
•    Is it a particular number you can’t receive? If yes, what provider are they with? What times and dates have they tried to call?
•    Are you plugged into Hub or the Virgin Media wall socket? Can you try a different wall socket (if you have one)
•    Can you try a different phone if you have one spare?
•    Have you recently ported over to us? If so, what date?
I also have some links here that help with general landline issues, have a look - 
No Dial Tone
Outgoing/Incoming Calls
Please come back to me with your answers 🙂
Thanks,
Megan_L

0 Kudos
Rowles44
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Is there a dial tone? What do you hear when you pick up the receiver? (crackly/error message/No dial tone/yes dial tone) - Nothing.  Line is dead
•    Can you make/receive calls from Virgin Media landlines, what about non Virgin Media lines (non Virgin Media and all mobile numbers) - No
•    Is it a particular number you can’t receive? If yes, what provider are they with? What times and dates have they tried to call? - All
•    Are you plugged into Hub or the Virgin Media wall socket? Can you try a different wall socket (if you have one) Wall socket
•    Can you try a different phone if you have one spare? - No phones available
•    Have you recently ported over to us? If so, what date? - No, an order has bene placed with BT for phone & broadband as Virgin did not offer and equivalent package.  But BT have not completed it.  Has Virgin stopped the line & BT not instigated?  On speaking to BT they have cancelled the order

I have been on the links and cannot find anything to help.

I am also doing this from my house 20 minutes away from my fathers house!  This stopped working yesterday.  My suspect is that the line has been sopped by Virgin and needs reengaging!

I also have some links here that help with general landline issues, have a look - 
No Dial Tone
Outgoing/Incoming Calls

0 Kudos
Rowles44
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

got to add there is only 1 wall socket!

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rowles44,

Thanks for coming back to me with that information, am I right in saying your father has put through a disconnection and is moving to BT soon? But you feel his landline has been disconnected too early?

That is what I have gathered from your information from the porting bullet point, so please let me know if that's correct.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Rowles44
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me with that information, am I right in saying your father has put through a disconnection and is moving to BT soon? But you feel his landline has been disconnected too early?  Yes

That is what I have gathered from your information from the porting bullet point, so please let me know if that's correct.

Though I believe BT have now cancelled the order as they are having trouble fulfilling it!

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Was the above which Megan mentioned correct, Rowles44? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Rowles44
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming, 

I'm not able to locate any account information so I've popped you over a private message for this.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Rowles44
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The phone line has now begun to work.  Please can you confirm what has happened and that the line was reconnected by Virgin.

Thanks

Michael

0 Kudos