cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The white cables left behind through the house

Alun135
Dialled in

Right in answer to my own question can I use it to send freeview arial signal to other smart boxes

Yes I can they are simply co-ax cable using f connectors

The junction boxes are literally splitters look closely they have an in and 2/3 out

So your ariel goes onto the inbthe destination connectors out feed the signal to tv, smart boxes etc

So it saves you a heap of threading ariel around

Your telephone socket is just that a telephone socket

Open reach only run the phone line to the house you have to complete the destination

So get the open reach guy to just link the virgin input to the open reach box

Again it will  save you a lot of work.

Oh and virgin eventually called me about remaining with them

They offered to match vodafone price of broadband and telephone.

I gave them the chance to come to the party they refused it was only when I called cancelling my service suddenly the could get it cheaper for me

As another aside my phone and tablet were always hunting for virgin broad band

Vodafone connects and stays connected so better service all round

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Make sure if you are using VMs coax for your Freeview services that it is COMPLETELY disconnected from the tap line to the street cabinet. VM use the same frequency spectrum as Freeview do & not isolating the two will cause mayhem in the entire streets services.

BT will not touch VMs master sockets, just as VM won't touch BTs. They will install their own.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes everything is isolated off from VM they sent out end caps to fit which I did.

Re the telephone socket it was not until I came to run my own extension leads I realised about the telephone so did not bother as I had already installed my own lines for the router and phone 

Otherwise everything works a treat presently I have an indoor ariel getting the signal but bbc drops off a little so getting an external one fitted in the near future