cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The landline switchover, I have questions.

NightSprite
Tuning in

So here in North London we're having our home phones switched over to the fibre connection!

This is fine enough but I have questions. 

The email said something about the phone being near the router. Currently my phone is across the room from my router, can I just get a long telephone extension cable to get the phone to connect to the router or am I going to need a special cable?

Secondly, my router is in a non WiFi setup which means only one of the sockets on the back of the router is active and that's taken up by my mesh setup. The PC is connected to the mesh via a cable. Am I going to have problems connecting my phone using this setup or am I going to need some special kit to make it work? If so, what will I need?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello NightSprite

Thanks for posting in regards to the up coming landline change and the concerns raised, we appreciate you raising this via the forums.

A normal extension to your landline will be fine, prior to the change you should receive an adapter that you will need to use via that cable and the Hub in the TEL1 port on the back of the hub. Simply connect the handset/base unit cable to the adapter and then slot it into the port 🙂

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask here and we'll be happy to advise 🙂

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello NightSprite

Thanks for posting in regards to the up coming landline change and the concerns raised, we appreciate you raising this via the forums.

A normal extension to your landline will be fine, prior to the change you should receive an adapter that you will need to use via that cable and the Hub in the TEL1 port on the back of the hub. Simply connect the handset/base unit cable to the adapter and then slot it into the port 🙂

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask here and we'll be happy to advise 🙂

Rob