cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The future of my VM analogue phone

wm29
On our wavelength

We have a VM broadband package which includes our analogue landline. The Hub 3.0 has two phone sockets which are not yet enabled in my area (North London). The landline has its separate socket. 

We will be losing the broadband soon and going phone only and I assume that VM will want their hub back. So what will happen when VM phases out the analogue phone service for a digital one in North London in due course? 

Will VM leave the existing hub in place now and swap us over at that time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

If you are going to have only the phone when the analog phone system are phased out you will still have to use a hub to supply the phone line.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

If you are going to have only the phone when the analog phone system are phased out you will still have to use a hub to supply the phone line.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi wm29,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, if you do cancel your Broadband before the Switchover and you have already sent up your Hub 3.0 back we would provide a new hub to support the phoneline.

Regards

Paul.

wm29
On our wavelength

Thank you both for your prompt responses

I will wait until my current contract terminates and my new one takes over and see if VM want their modem back!

It would be good to know when North London will switch over.

You're very welcome @wm29, unfortunately we cannot confirm any dates at the moment, you will be informed with more than enough notice once your changeover date has been decided, you will be contacted by ourselves to advise this.

Regards,

Steven_L

wm29
On our wavelength

Just had a message from VM advising me that the Contact Engine will be calling me - to collect the hub I guess. So doesn't look like the digital switchover is coming anytime soon.

Thanks for coming back to the thread @wm29,

Hopefully we can provide this service to your local area as soon as possible.

Do feel free to contact our sales team if you wish to take out a new connection with us in future.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

wm29
On our wavelength

By hanging on to the landline, it does keep the door open should circumstances change in the future. There will be a lot of tightening of belts, which me letting the broadband go, was part of.