cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The dial tone is not a constant tone

jyotipaikaray
Tuning in

My virgin media dial tone is not constant tone. I switched off the hub for one hour due to some work, after that the dial tone is not constant.

How it can be resolved?

23 REPLIES 23

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good morning jyotipaikaray

Please can you confirm that the phone is seated in the base correctly and powered on. Also, is the phone set up in one of these ways;

• Directly into the back of the hub, replacing the phone lead between the handset and the modem. 
  • If the lead can't be removed, are you using an adapter? 
  • The hub connecting directly into an internal phone socket. Next to this is a phone also connecting into this socket via an adapter

Are you also using an extension socket? 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for your reply. Nothing has changed from the initial setup. The power was just off for one hour. 

Th phone is connected directly to back of the hub. I am not using any extension socket There is one white adaptor comes from the hub it connects to the phone line.

Thanks for coming back to me - is there a dial tone now?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Dial tone is there but not a constant. It drops after few secs and then comes again. I believe there is a problem with the calls because of this.

Hi, is the router turned on as currently not able to run any tests on it? Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Router is on. I can access internet without any problem. Very slow but I can access internet.

Can you reboot the router for me, let me know when done so I can try the tests again?

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

I did that few hours ago using Admin - Reload and Reboot. Do you want me to do it again?

Please could you unplug it and re-plug it in for me 🙂 

Let me know when done.

Best

John_GS
Forum Team