Menu
Sullywine1
Joining in
Message 1 of 32
Flag for a moderator

The Branson Half Fix

Having had my phone go down some weeks ago which had been out of operation for nearly 3 weeks, it eventually got fixed but not before I wrote to everybody including the BBC and my Local Council. Very annoyingly and frustrating it went again last Sat/Sun so I used this forum to try and hopefully find some quick help to get it fixed again as Im 80 confined to home and need my phone for social contact, least of all to let my family know Im alive. I got two responses, one from somebody who kindly informed me that the overseas call centers had closed and that the UK help was extremely limited, if at all, this is something I have already experienced first hand. Another subscriber which I thought maybe somebody from the Virgin media outfit also commented on and asked if I had a dialing tone????? Anyway, now after three days without a phone somebody, I think, has tried to fix it. I say tried because it is now worse, as if this company could get any worse. Now, instead of getting "there is a fault message" when anybody dials my number, it now just rings!!!!!!! Sadly if you try to answer it you hear nothing but a distant dialing tone. Ironically if I try to use the phone there is still no dialing tone at all and, what has become the norm with the Branson brand, nothing works. I am so fed up with this company it is unprintable. I have enough problems with covid-19 without this two bit outfit making my life shorter. Its not rocket science, social distancing is easy maintain, it just needs a competent engineer to go to the end of my road and renew the link which corrodes in the distribution box virtually every year: As said, its not rocket science but certainly will make my life so much better whilst in isolation. If anybody can help, I will be eternally grateful. Michael    

0 Kudos
Ellis_H
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 32
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: The Branson Half Fix

Hello, I am a Virgin Media Tech. It sounds to me like the problem lies with the actual connections that bring the service to your home.  Did your problems start after any gardening perhaps?  You will need a service call.   If you send a text message to 07533051809 with a brief message about loss of service and someone will call you back (on the phone you text from) to help you.

Another option, if you have broadband with us, would be to switch the type of phone service that you have to a VOIP phone, which will work like a usual phone but uses your broadband connection rather than a phone line connection.  You would need to contact customer support for this though.

I hope this helps you.

______________________________________________________________________________________

All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Sullywine1
Joining in
Message 3 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hello. My sincerest thanks for posting a solution, it is very reassuring as I honestly never thought anybody would pick my problem up on this forum, shows how wrong I was. I will take up your suggestions. Again, my sincere thanks. Michael

0 Kudos
Sullywine1
Joining in
Message 4 of 32
Flag for a moderator

My Virgin phone line is consistently breaking down. This crap Branson product which I pay dearly for has ceased to work on no less than three times this month with the first time taking three weeks to get fixed. The last time it stopped working was only 4-5 days ago when an engineer assured me he had found the trouble and all was well. I pay £78 a month for a basic inadequate second rate service; I bet the island phone of his still works without the constant interference and annoyance I have to endure. Im 80 years of age, live on my own and need a reliable phone service, can somebody, even the cleaner, he could not do a worse job, fix this for me and in the meantime give me some of my hard earned money back for what is turning out to be one of the worse services I have ever experienced. Michael  

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Branson has nothing to do with virgin media. its owned by liberty global a USA company
0 Kudos
Sullywine1
Joining in
Message 6 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Very helpful but dont get my phone working again.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 32
Flag for a moderator

just correcting the misinformation. Only VM can fix your phone. nothing i can do
0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Morning Sullywine1,

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to you've had some issues with the phoneline. 

I can see a technician reached out to help, can you confirm if this is now resolved or you're still having issues?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Sullywine1
Joining in
Message 9 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi: Many thanks for your message, it is appreciated. The last time it went wrong was when somebody replied to me and that very same day it got fixed. The actual engineer phoned and said he found a very broken up wire which he replaced. Usually it is a link that constantly gets corroded inside a metal pavement box at the end of my road, which is cleaned up only for it to break down again some months later. The first time my phone broke down this month was theone but  last week in April which I endured for three weeks; this was finally fixed but not before trying to contact anybody at Virgin, my Local Councilor and the BBC. The second time it broke down was two weeks later, the one you refer to which was picked up by your technician. This third time was yesterday but Im pleased to say it appeared Virgin was aware of a fault in the area when I checked and by the time I went to sleep it was up and running again. Obviously Im not impressed to have my phone-line constantly breaking down, three times this month alone, as during this lock-down for me personally, it is one of my life-lines but, its reassuring that at least somebody is responding for which I thank you for. Michael  

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I can appreciate now more than ever it's important to have a working line Michael, 

I'm sorry for downtime there has been the last month, but glad to hear it was resolved for you.

Do keep us posted if you have any further issues.

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos