cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephony to be enabled on Virgin Hub 3.0

Lucasimo
Joining in

Hi,

Please can someone from VirginMedia enable telephony on my Hub 3.0 router?

Over the last few weeks the landline phone has started to not receive calls and it has not always been possible to make calls either. There is also no dialling tone from the phone. The phone has been tested on another Virgin Media phone line in Bristol - BS16 4TF (which is digital and goes through the Hub 3.0) and it works fine.

I have looked online to see when our area (BS5 6TL) is due to have the analogue phone service turned off, and I can't see our postcode on the Farrpoint map so I presume that it may have already been switched off?

With that in mind, I would like to run an RJ11 cable from the phone to the top RJ11 socket on the Hub. However, I cannot do this until telephony is enabled on our Hub. This should just be a remote process.

Please can you advise when this can be sorted?

Many thanks,

Luke

3 REPLIES 3

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lucasimo 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you onto our forum 😊.

Have you received any text/ email about the switch/adaptor been delivered?

Please let us know, so we can have a look into this for you.

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi, as of yet I haven't heard anything from Virgin Media about how this can be resolved. 

I would appreciate a quick resolution to the problem because my partner's father (who has multiple care needs) relies on us having a landline connection as it's the primary method for him to call us.

Many thanks,

Luke 

Thank you @Lucasimo and I'll be happy to look into this with you via a Private Message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.