Menu
Darkmoon
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Telephony Disabled

Hi there,

Just got a replacement VM HUB3(Black) from my previous White HUB3 due to dropouts on broadband but now the new router is reporting Telephony (Disabled) so I have no incoming phone.

do I now have to phone VM to get this enabled now?  Previous Hub just worked.  so surely VM must have known what setup I have already.

Regards...
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephony Disabled

Hi @Darkmoon,

Thanks for your Private Messages about the new Hub replacement and I just wanted to continue speaking to you on the public thread in case we need to let the engineers take a look at the photo and details as they cannot see our Private Messages.

I've checked the details and can confirm that the landline is reporting fine for me and nothing has changed. It may be that we'll need to get a phone adaptor for you but before I can ask for one to be sent out, if you can post us the photos of the phone connection and the sockets then I can ask the Area Field Manager about it.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Darkmoon
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Lisa_CC

someone else having the same issue.

Telephony Disabled 1

Telephony Disabled 2

Telephony Disabled 3

Telephony Disabled 4

now I cannot for the life of me find why people who have their hub3 replaced all of a sudden have no phone as it is "disabled" when there are more posts regarding this.

Does Virgin Media not learn by the issues raised by its customers?  by now a pattern has been created.  and guess what when you send out another hub3..... yes you could run into the same issue again.  thus lets resolve the issue before the customer gets the hub3 perhaps.

so far 2 days without receiving incoming calls. can we get this fixed ASAP

Surely VM and this forum allows VM staff to learn by what is Customers are experiencing?

Regards...
0 Kudos
Darkmoon
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

so my rant got noticed then?

all of a sudden my Hub3 reboots tonight, then the Telephony starts working.  Thanks to the "Silent admin"

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

Regards...
0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That's great Darkmoon

Remember if you need help in the future, our fantastic community and forum staff are always willing to lend a hand:-)

Regards

Lee

Lisa_CC
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Darkmoon, thanks for your Private Message and sorry to hear that the disconnections are ongoing with the new Hub. I've been monitoring the network details and can see some modem issue being low. As it's a new Hub and you've been having problems with the old one, I've arranged for an engineer visit to take a proper look. The details of the visit can be found via the online account  where the date can be re-arranged if necessary and please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Darkmoon
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Lisa two outages today where to modem just stops working altogether. no lights. like the power has failed.

I am now thinking this new hub is not new at all but reconditioned but never left on long enough to see that it is failing.

new boxes come with cables etc, all this had was the hub and a power lead. that is not a new box.

I have rechecked, all power leads etc, nothing except this hub is failing. this service has now become useless if the power fails whenever.  I am not impressed with the service and need this fixed asap.

I had to phone India to get speaking with customer support agent,  20 minutes later I managed to get an engineer booked for monday at the earliest.  not impressed.  looks like the new hub is worse than the old one.

Capture.JPG

Regards...
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Darkmoon, I've already arranged for an engineer visit to take a look and can see that you've spoken to an agent very recently for the engineer. I understand that you're eager to get it fixed but please wait for the engineer visit so they can take a closer look for you.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Darkmoon
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

this new Hub3 just turned its self off again. drops connection and no lights on the front at all.

funny thing was I was for Monday 21st. then I get a text saying would you like to get an earlier booking on fri 18th, please reply Yes.  so I did.

then I get a text saying they could bring the appointment forward!  why send me the text asking if I wanted an earlier booking then?

Regards...
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Darkmoon,

Thanks for coming back, sometime a canceled appointment will become available which wasn't when original technician was booked.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos