Menu
OggyGhost
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Telephony Disabled

Hi we have been having issues with our broadband connection for a month and Virgin sent us out a new hub when I set it up & connected all the cabling our telephone was disabled I’ve seen that it could be a software issue but is there a way of enabling it through the hub settings and if so can someone tell me how I am technically minded but just can’t seem to find how to do it anywhere.
We do have an engineer coming out this afternoon which I know they will be able to sort it but I’m disabled and my landline is an important necessity.

any assistance will be appreciated thank you 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephony Disabled

Hi OggyGhost,

Thanks so much for your post and welcome to the community 🙂

I'm sorry to understand that you've been able to use your landline service. After having a look at the back end of your services, I can see that your landline service is definitely active but there are some issues showing. There is currently a network issue that's affecting your broadband service, there's no way to prove from here whether this is the cause for the landline problem or whether it's something else. I'm sure this will be something the engineer will be able to diagnose and help fix for you later today.

Please do let us know the outcome of the appointment later and if you need anything else in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
OggyGhost
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth 

the engineer came out last night and replaced the hub that I found out was a reconditioned one and technically out of date however I’m still having connection issues 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us OggyGhost

Just ran further checks and it needs a technician visit. I'll PM you now to arrange. Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for joining me on PM OggyGhost

Just to update the thread, a senior engineer visit has been booked in for the connection issues

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos