cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephony Disabled Hub 4

jesstv
Tuning in

Hi

I have just upgraded from Hub 3 to Hub 4. The home phone is not working. In the hub settings it says "Telephony Disabled"

I can not get a dial tone or ring 150. The phone plugged into the hub 3 the same way. I am certain all the connections are properly connected.

After searching this it appears it is not a customer enabled issue

I presume VM need to enable the Telephony.

Please advice

jesstv

16 REPLIES 16

Hi there @Tim_Deegan

I'm so sorry to hear that you are facing issues with your landline also and welcome back to the forums.

Can you outline what exactly is happening? Do you have the phone connected at the wall or via the Hub? 

Do you have a dial tone at all?

Thank you. 

I upgraded to Hub 4 last week. Whilst sorting the upgrade I mentioned to the operator that my landline hadn't worked properly for a couple of years now, with a very intermittent service. She said I shouldn't worry, as all I have to do is plug my phone into the Hub 4, using the adaptor she sent me.

I asked if I needed to reboot or anything, and she said no. All I had to do was plug it in.

Now neither my wall socket or the hub phone socket give a dial tone.

When I speak to VM all I get is conflicting information

I'm so sorry to hear this! 

Are you able to try the adaptor in another port at all?

What happens if you call your landline from another phone? 

Thank you. 

Tried all that, but it didn't work.

When I call the number I get the ringing tone.

I've just got off the phone to VM, and after speaking to 3 different people, who all gave me conflicting information, it appears that the telephony on the hub has to be switched over remotely by VM.

So people are being given false information.

I'm sorry to hear that but I'm glad the phone teams have been able to assist. 

Did the agent's state what the next stage would be? 

Thank you. 

She said I would receive another adaptor, and then a text when the switch takes place

Thank you @Tim_Deegan

Are you able to let us know when you have received the adaptor and text?