Menu
AndypigpenDoran
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Telephone number changed after fault fixed

I had a fault on my telephone line - no dial tone. Engineer booked and fixed it. But I have found that they changed my telephone number when they fixed the fault. I cannot get through to anyone on 150. Tried the "we will text you a link" option - no text. Is there a way to contact Virgin via email or online to register that they need to restore the correct telephone number?

I have booked another engineer as that appears to be the only thing you can do online. But Now that means waiting 3 days. There must be a way to let them know there is an issue without hanging on the phone for hours at a time???

I get that there is a reduced service due to COVID. But this is riduclous.

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephone number changed after fault fixed

Hi AndypigpenDoran, thanks for getting in touch.

Apologies for the new problem with your phone line. I've taken a look at this from here today, and I'm unsure if it's been resolved already - so please look out for my PM (the purple envelope) and get back to me when you can if you still need further assistance.

Tom 

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi again AndypigpenDoran.

The notes on the account indicate the number may have been changed back and is working correctly - however I'm not sure if that's the case. Usually this would indicate a crossed line and a tech would need to re-attend to correct it. 

If it's not been fixed let me know and we'll schedule an appointment for you.

Tom 

0 Kudos
AndypigpenDoran
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I don't know if the number was changed back because once again I have no dial tone so can't ring out to check

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry it's still an issue for you. 

Are you plugged into the master socket?  It will have a larger socket and contain a logo
of Virgin Media, NTL, Telewest or Nynex. Any extension sockets will be smaller and have no logo. 

How many pieces of equipment are connected to the phone line?  

Can you check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON.  

Then remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets. 

Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure
the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in.  

If it's still a problem after this let us know and we will need to arrange another engineer. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos