Menu
Maximus2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Telephone not working

I have been without a telephone line for 3 whole days now along with 2 of my neighbours. Whenever I check service status it tells me it will be repaired tomorrow but tomorrow never comes. This is about the 4th or 5th time this has happened to me in the last few months.Dreadful service Virgin media! I hope I have a decent rebate on my next bill.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephone not working

Hi Maximus2,

Sorry to hear of the phone fault. Has this been fixed since messaging? If not, is there any update listed here 

Kindly pop the postcode into the service checker and click on 'search'.

Any known area faults will be shown. If none listed, can you click on 'sign in to run fault test'. To sign in, you need your My Virgin Media online account details. Then when signed in, please click on 'run test' on the affected service.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Maximus2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you John for your reply but the situation is diabolical.  I keep getting text messages saying the same thing "Fault has been identified, engineer on his way, repair will be done by a certain time the next day" so if the fault has been identified why hasn't it been repaired?  My neighbours phones were repaired on Monday and as for running a test that's a laugh because the test will get to 99% and then stop.  This has always been the case, getting practical help from Virgin Media is impossible.  We are an elderly couple and need the phone in case of emergencies.  Please let us know what can be done to stop this happening in the future, even possibly giving us a new line as it seems we have been with you so long we are on an old "box" which continues to be faulty.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My apologies for this.

Is there an updated fix time on the checker I sent? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Maximus2
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes John, was told it would be repaired by 4pm today and have received a message this  afternoon saying the fault is repaired but we have just got home and guess what?  No phone line still.  Am going to ring from a neighbours phone and blow my top!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Maximus2.

Thank you for coming back to us .

Really sorry to hear that your services weren't up and running in the time scale as promised.

Some repairs can take a little longer depending on the complexity of the fault.

Is your phone line now working?

In regards to any loss of service credits you can find our credit policy below.here https://virginmedia.com/Ofcom .

Many thanks.

Paul.

0 Kudos
Maximus2
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good morning Paul,

Yes, at long last our telephone is working.  We had loss of service from last Saturday morning until yesterday (Wednesday) evening even though our neighbours had their service back within a couple of days.  I do hope we get the full compensation of £8 per day for 5 days and I shall be checking our next bill to make sure this is the case.  I still don't know why it takes longer to fix our line compared with our neighbours who are fairly new customers.  Let's hope this doesn't happen again although I don't hold out much hope.

Thank you for answering my community blog.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Maximus2.

Thank you for coming back to me.

I am glad that your phone line is now back up and running.

In regards to loss of service credit, as long as the guidelines were followed and the criteria met them the automatic payment will be added.

Kind regards.

Paul. 

0 Kudos