Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Telephone not connected

hi,

I'm hoping someone can help. I'm paying for anytime calls but not able to use it!

I recently got a TV, broadband and phone package from Virgin but when it was installed the installer said they don't connect to the existing phone line and I have to connect my phone directly to the hub. 

My alarm was also connected to my phone line so now doesn't work and my office isn't where my VM hub is - which is annoying as my mobile signal is terrible hence why I got the anytime phone package in the first place.

I've had a look online for an installer that could fix this but couldn't find one, then I found something that said Virgin should have connected this up when it was installed - can anyone advise if this is the case or what my options are?

Thank you,

Mark

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephone not connected

Yes. The installer should connect the hub to your extensions if requested. 

The virgin phoneline is not really suitible for alarms as in the event of a power failure it won't work

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the response, I'll try calling and see if VM can come out to fix this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @markyorkshire

Can you confirm if your landline is working though when you connect your handset into your Hub? Are you able to make and receive calls ok? 

Did you request any extensions at the time of ordering at all? If not and you do wish to have them installed and linked to your Hub connection, this will be a non-fault callout charge of £99

(Please do be advised that extensions on this set up are done with cables and not in the traditional way. May customers just use a cordless handset rather than have cables and extensions around the walls and home)

Please do let me know and we can go from there if you wish to go ahead.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

Thank you for your response and apologies for the delay, it has been a busy couple of months.

Can you please advise how I can order the £99 non-fault callout charge to link up the phone line to my office?

Thanks,
Mark

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi imarkyorkshire,

Not a problem, I've popped you over a private message so I can arrange this. (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos