Menu
NickGS1
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Telephone no dialing tone

Our landline phone connected to a wall socket, has no dialing tone this morning after a few days of a crackling line. Same issues that we have had before. Used online checking of system and suggested booking an engineer but this is not available online? Why not.

Spent 35 minutes on my mobile to customer service who tried twice to transfer to the technical dept to sort out an engineer but nothing. What on earth is going on at VM? 

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephone no dialing tone

Hi @NickGS1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear you're having some issues with your landline service, and that when you've tried raising this to the team you've had a bit of trouble contacting the correct department.

May I ask what troubleshooting and diagnostics you've carried out thus far? This to ensure nothing is repeated nor missed, and to also make sure there's nothing we can do now to alleviate things which would be much quicker than a potential engineer visit.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
NickGS1
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

hi Zac

I have done the online service check and gone through the service status. The system suggests an engineer but cannot book one. I have unplugged equipment and re checked but same message. The line has been very crackly as it has been before when an engieer came twice and discovered a wiring issue in the cabinet in the street.

Regards

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @NickGS1,

Thank you for getting back to us so promptly here on this.

Just so we can ensure everything is covered, do you have more than one telephone socket in the home? If so, can you try connecting the phone into that and checking to see if you experience the same issues with that connection?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
NickGS1
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zac Only 1 phone socket to base station/ answerphone then 3 dect phones

Regards

Nick

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @NickGS1,

Is it possible for you to test a different phone in the socket? That way we can eliminate it potentially being an equipment related issue.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

0 Kudos
NickGS1
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I don't have another landline phone to try

Regards

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @NickGS1,

No problem at all. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that I can acquire a few more details from you.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @NickGS1,

Following our conversation via private message, I have now been able to schedule and book a technician visit for you to take a closer look at what's going on.

As we're not able to confirm the date and time of the booking publicly for security reasons, please check your My Virgin Media online account to check and reschedule if necessary.

If you or anyone else in your home exhibit flu-like symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 in the interim, please reschedule accordingly.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

0 Kudos