Menu
debmnnx
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Telephone line not working

We have to have our phone line fixed at least once every 2-3 years, because it goes from the house down a piece of tubing, which is buried underground and then routed through the wall at the end of our drive.  Then the wiring is routed into a box that is left out to the elements and to people standing at the bus stop outside our house.  The wire in that box is now exposed and seems to be cut.  Our phone line is dead.  We would like someone to come out and look at it and finally, once and for all, not send out a teenager who looks at it and walks away and never comes back, but we want someone who knows what they are doing and will give us a conclusion on what can be done to stop this from happening in another 2-3 years.  We've lived in this house for 18 years and we've had the phone line fixed on 5 or 6 different occasions.

0 Kudos
Fatboyslim888
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephone line not working

I had a VM engineer out yesterday to try and fix our home phone line.

He mentioned that if you have their 'Super hub' - 'I don't think there's anything super about it in my opinion' that they can connect your home phone line directly to the rear of the hub. Apparently its just an adaptor that you plug your phone into via the hub and also that VM have to activated that function on the hub.

This saves VM sending out engineers to fix the corroded/damaged phone line and makes new installations faster according to him..

If you have broadband with VM it might be worth asking.

I couldn't have this done as my home alarm system uses the telephone line and doesn't work connected to the hub.
0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for posting debmnnx

I am really sorry you're having ongoing issues with your telephone service.  I'd like to take a closer look at this.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
debmnnx
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

ok, look forward to hearing from you, but there is no message there at the moment?

0 Kudos