cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone line issue.

Dizbeans
On our wavelength

Hi recently had issues with cracking on line.

Last week found an issue that telephone units were not ringing or not ringing properly. When calling home my wife could not hear me at other end. 

At end of week, main base units were not ringing. We have a BT triple handset and a 4th fixed unit (the fixed unit rings poorly).

Have brought a new handset, i.e. twin set to see if that was issue, but still have same problem.

Can make calls and when know can receive calls, but the ringer does not ring... presume this will be line issue... any one have any advice?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Dizbeans thanks for your post here in the Community although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

It looks like that after running checks, there are some issues on the line and a reported network outage which could be causing disruption, so please accept my apologies for this.

The fault is due to be fixed tomorrow at 17:30, so please let us know how things are for you after this time and we can revisit.

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Dizbeans thanks for your post here in the Community although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

It looks like that after running checks, there are some issues on the line and a reported network outage which could be causing disruption, so please accept my apologies for this.

The fault is due to be fixed tomorrow at 17:30, so please let us know how things are for you after this time and we can revisit.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Dizbeans
On our wavelength

Thanks Tom

Shame the service status did not highlight any issue 😞

Will wait until tomorrow evening to see if any changes.

Thank

Hi @Dizbeans thanks a lot for your reply - I do appreciate your comments.

No problem at all, and please don't hesitate to let us know if things haven't improved for you.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Dizbeans
On our wavelength

Hi Tom

Following your e-mail, waited until last night to double check line and it is till the same.

Please advise on next step? As can make calls, receive calls if watching receiver, but no alert from phones that a call is coming in.. New telephones have not solved issue.

Thanks in advance

Hi @Dizbeans

Sorry to hear that this is still not resolved for you. I can see that you are in communication via private message with my colleague Tom_W1. If you have any further concerns about the same issue, please private message them for further support on this issue. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Dizbeans
On our wavelength

Thanks Carley

I have not heard anything since my earlier post... can someone respond with actions to be taken.

Hopefully Tom_W1 will respond.

Sorry to see you have not had any further replies since your previous post.

I will be happy to look into this further for you so I will send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Dizbeans
On our wavelength

Hi

Further to my recent issues with our telephone not ringing, etc... Main issue has been fixed by plugging phone from BT socket into the Hub.

However, we had a 3rd hand set which is only on a BT extension socket and the technician said he would return with a socket to fix the problem, but that has now been nearly a month. No incident number or feedback details, so do not know who to call so resorting to the forum for more good advice and help.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for coming back to us @Dizbeans.

I can see that you've been able to speak to a member of our team in relation to this issue.

It may be worth reaching back out to them to request this follow up, as they will be able to advise you further on your account.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn