Menu
V364081
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Telephone adapter for Hub 3

I have received my new hub 3 today but do not appear to have been provided an adapter for my telephone.

Is that something that can be dispatched asap

Thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephone adapter for Hub 3

Hi V364081

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

This would be because you're on the old telephone connection from the account details your forum information brings up 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
V364081
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How would I have that updated ?

My phone line has been down for months and the new hub was meant to resolve the issue but can’t without the adapter 

Thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We wouldn't be able to move you to the 21CV way of the phone line just yet I'm afraid. The router was sent from the notes because the old one is faulty. 

What's the issue with the current landline please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
V364081
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As part of an ongoing building work to my house the BT connection points were removed. I know via the set up at my mother in laws that her phone plugs directly into the router. 

I explained all this while I was discussing my new 18mth contract earlier in the week.

As it stands I’m paying for a phone line that I can’t access.

Thanks again 

0 Kudos
Gaz82
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

To be fair you can't really complain that you are paying for a service you are not receiving just because you chose to remove the phone sockets in your house - This is not Virgin's fault or responsibility. 

In fact, you should not have removed either the BT or Virgin master phone socket at all as this belongs to the service provider and is the demarkation point between the internal wiring (your responsibility) and the service provider's network (their responsibility).

It wouldn't surprise me if (quite rightly so) Virgin charge you a fee to come out and rectify the fault you created.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us. 

Are you able to confirm that you have removed the BT sockets only or the virgin media ones that would have been installed when you sighed up with us, I ask this because the virgin media and BT sockets are completely different, If the virgin media sockets are still there please connect your telephone into the wall socket and tell us if there is a dial tone. 

I appreciate that you mother in law's phone plugs directly into the hub, however although we do offer this landline method it only when you have been installed that way. I have double checked your details, It is showing that your landline services is being provided though the wall socket as @Gaz82 has mentioned, if you want the landline services though the hub you would need an engineer out and there maybe a charge if there is no fault. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos