Menu
RShahid
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Telephone Line

• I have a standard telephone line box on my wall, it is a virgin box as my landlord was with virgin before. Since the 15th June i took out a new contract with virgin for my Internet and telephone. My home alarm is attached and communicates through my land line, now virgin are saying i cannot use my land line through the box on the wall but instead have to use the hub. Problem is my home alarm that i pay a monthly subscription to for monitoring no longer works. Q. Do i have a choice if to use my landline through the standard telephone box on the wall or do i have to now use the hub connection for my telephone line? 
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephone Line

Hello

I am afraid all new installations are through the hub, as the old copper wire system is due to be retired by the end of 2025 all providers even BT. For your alarm you will need to contact the alarm company for an alternative, as it will need to be compatible with a digital telephone system. Have a look at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone-accessibility-services,

The engineer can fit if you ask them an extension close to the hub, which you can then link your other extensions.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos