cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone Adaptor

kolakola
Joining in

Does anyone in Virgin actually help their customer. The adaptor does not fit the system. Been on for phone two days to solve the issue. Been passed to India > Sheffield > South Africa without any help. Got to wait 7 days for technician to come out so no phone services for 7 days. Was promised a manager would call (11:40 this morning) still waiting. Is this a good service?

16 REPLIES 16

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@kolakola wrote:

Does anyone in Virgin actually help their customer. The adaptor does not fit the system. Been on for phone two days to solve the issue. Been passed to India > Sheffield > South Africa without any help. Got to wait 7 days for technician to come out so no phone services for 7 days. Was promised a manager would call (11:40 this morning) still waiting. Is this a good service?

Can you explain more about what you are asking for ('The adaptor does not fit the system.')?

Have you received a VM phone adapter to connect to the telephone service from the back of the VM hub?

If so, what is the problem with it? Can you post a photo of what you are trying to connect which might allow others to help?

(If you multi-post your identical query across several topics, you might actually reduce your chances of a useful reply so best to stick to one place for questions/answers)

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kolakola,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your home phone connection.

As advised by @goslow, we would advise not to post multiple duplicate posts. Our team will be happy to help with your query, so no need to post multiple posts. 

Have you received an adapter for your landline system? Have you received an email or a letter about our Home Phone Switchover? You can read more about this process on our Home Phone Switchover FAQ page

Have you been able to book a technician appointment to have this set up complete? You can track your appointment on your online account if needed.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I am wasting my time here.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kolakola,

Sorry to hear you feel this way. We are here to help and assist with your issue.

Have you been able to read through mine and @goslow 's posts? Please get back to us in regards to our questions so we can help you further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

You can't help me the fittings on the adaptor is not compatible with the phone does not fit. It is going to take 7 days for the technician to come. Which company offers service like this? The problem is caused by Virgin not me.

Once this issue is solved I will give Virgin notice to quit. I was on the phone for well over an hour, I was promised a call back from manager that was 11:40am yesterday still waiting for a call.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kolakola,

Thanks for coming back to me. I understand that the adaptor does not fit. Are you able to provide images of the adaptor and the phone cable?

Do you have a technician appointment booked? You can check this on your online account to manage your appointment. Let us know. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Did you read my last post I clearly mentioned a technician is coming in 7 days?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@kolakola wrote:

You can't help me the fittings on the adaptor is not compatible with the phone does not fit. It is going to take 7 days for the technician to come. Which company offers service like this? The problem is caused by Virgin not me.

Once this issue is solved I will give Virgin notice to quit. I was on the phone for well over an hour, I was promised a call back from manager that was 11:40am yesterday still waiting for a call.

The adapter should look like this image. A RJ11 plug into the TEL1 socket on the VM hub at one end of the adapter. On the other end of the adapter is a socket for a standard BT telephone plug.

21-cv-connection-to-hub.jpg

If you have been sent something different then post up an image of what plugs/sockets you are trying to connect together.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kolakola,

Thanks for coming back. I did read your last post. To ensure that everything is booked in for you correctly, I'll send you a Private Message. 

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team