Menu
AlexanderMTTH
Superfast
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Talk Weekends times

Hello all,

Do you know if this package includes calls on Bank Holidays? 
Also, does it start FRI night at 00:00 hours and end SUN night at 00:00 hours, right? 

I'm asking as I had another provider in the past with a similar package and they included Bank Holidays in these types of packages. I am asking, as there is a document online but it is extremely hard, not user-friendly and most confusing that requires you to navigate it to understand - and I still don't fully understand. 

What's the point of overcomplicating things like this? 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Talk Weekends times

I presume the online document you refer to is the price guide here ?

Historically, mobile operators tended to treat Bank Holidays as weekends & landline operators standard weekdays - I can't see any references in that PDF that contradict this, so would be inclined to assume today is a standard working weekday for charging purposes.

It would be nice to be corrected, but I have doubts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@AlexanderMTTH wrote:

Hello all,

Do you know if this package includes calls on Bank Holidays? 
No. You don't get Bank Holidays during weekends..
Also, does it start FRI night at 00:00 hours and end SUN night at 00:00 hours, right? 
Yes.

I'm asking as I had another provider in the past with a similar package and they included Bank Holidays in these types of packages. I am asking, as there is a document online but it is extremely hard, not user-friendly and most confusing that requires you to navigate it to understand - and I still don't fully understand.
Very few operators do this now, if any. Bank Holidays are working days for a lot of people now.

What's the point of overcomplicating things like this? 

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi AlexanderMTTH, thanks for the message and posting on the forums. The weekend calls would cover weekend calls only and would not cover bank holidays. Are you looking at upgrading the talk package? If so, then please let us know. ^CW

AlexanderMTTH
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you both. I apreciate it and my questions were answered. 

Regarding the upgrade, I'm not looking to pay more. The prices for these packages are unreasonably high, based on what the market has to offer. But thank you for asking. 

Whomever is the product owner/manager of Virgin Phone must have a target to discontinue the usage and discourage the product sales. Imagine... unclear prices, unreasonably high packages, client profile must include senior in age and/or habits. The wired infrastructure becoming absolete and moving the landline on VoIP... I can't be the only one seeing this. 

Thanks though. 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The packages currently reflect the cost of the analogue infrastructure they have to support. Current VoIP prices are comparable if you remove the line rental element from the price. With VM there is a separate copper line carrying the phone, so the price will be higher. This is because under current advertising rules line rental & broadband pricing can no longer be shown as separate items. So effectively any product that comes down the SAME line like BT will not show a separate line rental price & you will only see a price for the call package.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993