Menu
Vgnscrewloyalty
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Talk Unlimited - if you stick to a schedule

Can anyone point me to the talk unlimited landline terms and conditions - I've only just realised I've been getting large call charges to other landlines during lockdown (calls longer than usual)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Talk Unlimited - if you stick to a schedule

Hello

Here is the T&C https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services.html%...

Like all providers if a call is over 60 minutes you will get charged, these are calling plans that VM have at this time https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/phone/compare

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Vgnscrewloyalty
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response but I see no terms and conditions for the Talk Unlimited legacy package? I also see no mention of this 60 minutes rule in the links you sent - searching on "unlimited" and "60"

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello

If you look under the info on the 2nd link it states it there.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Vgnscrewloyalty
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike - Those are the latest packages, hence I discounted - they may well be the same as the legacy talk unlimited but my objective was to check what talk unlimited terms were.

Thanks

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Mentioned in the current list of call charges (bottom of page 3)

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/mobile-browse/downloads/010420_Eve...

Annoying when it does happen. I've been caught out myself on a couple of occasions, even being aware of the restriction.

0 Kudos
Vgnscrewloyalty
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - just what I was after. So annoying. It feels like it's just a method to try to catch you out and then a complete overcharge. Why do Virgin do it? They offer better deals to new customers and try to squeeze their existing customers as much as possible. They have the potential for a great offering and then they spoil it. If I had better broadband providers I'd leave - there seem to be more and more by the day so hopefully it will be soon. Bring on 5G etc and I can kiss Virgin goodbye.

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

As mentioned by DJ_Shadow in #2 above, the 60-minute clause is a fairly standard restriction (though often hidden in the small print).

As for whether VM are any better/worse than any of the other providers, the latest OFCOM report suggests they are all much-of-a-muchness in terms of customer satisfaction

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/OFCOM-Report-2019-20/td-p/4378803

I too have been tied to NTL/VM for a very long time due to lack of a comparable alternative. During the lockdown, however, Openreach have been super-busy in my area installing fibre optic connections to the telephone poles in the street to bring FTTP. A few of the neighbours are now signed up so at least, as of now, there is a comparable alternative here.

Always worth making regular visits to the comparison/checking websites to see if any non-VM providers have set up any new services in your area. Guess it just depends on the luck of your locality.

When news of the next VM price hike drops into by inbox, I too shall be considering my options!

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello @goslow 

You should have had an email saying that the yearly price increase is not going ahead.

Regards Mike

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info. Haven't received any notification of that but good to know.

0 Kudos