Menu
RunningBob
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Talk More Anytime - charged for mobile calls??

I have "Talk More Anytime" which includes mobile numbers.

But on my latest bill I have been charged for 4 different calls to mobile numbers (all well under the 1 hour limit).  How can I stop these charges??

I am calling people for a charity that offers legal support.  I am therefore using the 141 prefix to hide my number.  Is that what is causing the charges?

I've given up on customer services who never answer.

Bob

"Talk More Anytime" is described as below:

Enjoy inclusive anytime calls to UK landlines and UK mobile numbersµ, plus inclusive calls to 0870/0845 numbers

0 Kudos
goslow
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Talk More Anytime - charged for mobile calls??

What are the first 5 digits of the mobile numbers you have been billed for? Do they fall into a "Wi-fi" group of mobile numbers as here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Charged-for-calls-to-07424/td-p/4504679

0 Kudos
RunningBob
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help

One is 07466 and the bill says destination WiFi. Odd because the person I called was just using a UK mobile.  Using the tool you provided (thanks) I can see that this is Lycamobile.  So in future I need to check the mobile network before calling ...

So I guess that this is just one for advertising standards - definition of "All other UK Mobiles"

Thanks

Bob

You could easily think that this means "all UK mobiles"!!You could easily think that this means "all UK mobiles"!!

Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon @RunningBob

I am just going to drop you a quick PM

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos