Menu
llamedos1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Talk More Anytime, but getting charged.

Hi, Just received my bill and I've been charged for a local landline call although I have Talk More Anytime. Also my 1471 isn't working. Tried other methods of contact but everyone seems to be sleeping.

Please help!

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Talk More Anytime, but getting charged.

Hello

Just as a quick check the call you made was it more than 60 minutes ? As all calling plans are limited to a 60 minute call and after 60 mins will be charged at the going rate have a look at https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/phone/compare there is a section that says "Show Info" this explains the packages.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
llamedos1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you DJ Shadow, yes that explains it, First time I've been on the phone for so long and assumed that it was free no matter.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Thank for letting us know, what I will do for you is too escalate your post to get the 1471 resolved, please wait for a VM staff member to get back to you in this thread.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ilamedos1,

I'm sorry that you've been unable to use the 1471 feature. Can you tell me if you are receiving any sort of error message or tone when you dial 1471 and has it worked previously?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
llamedos1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth, Yes it has worked before although don't use it a lot as the answer phone covers most missed calls. The message say's "Sorry the service you requested is not available from this line" We did have a repair several months ago due to the land line cutting off and making strange noises and the engineer fixed this in the green box, if that helps.

0 Kudos
llamedos1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth, Yes it has worked before although don't use it a lot as the answer phone covers most missed calls. The message say's "Sorry the service you requested is not available from this line" We did have a repair several months ago due to the land line cutting off and making strange noises and the engineer fixed this in the green box, if that helps.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi llamedos1,

Hmm that is strange - I have checked and can see that the feature isn't active at the exchange, so I'm not entirely sure what's caused the feature to become deactivated. But I will arrange to have it activated for you within the next 24 - 48 hours.

Let me know if I can help you out with anything else 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos
llamedos1
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Beth.

0 Kudos
llamedos1
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth, I still haven't got the 1471 service, is this still a work in progress?

Regards

0 Kudos