Menu
dan9021
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Talk More Anytime - additional call charges

For the first time in a long while I have been checking my bills online and have noticed additional call charges for my phone package which I don't believe should be there.  I am on Talk More Anytime with the international bolt-on.  Every month, I have been charged for calls (I didn't run over the 60 minutes).  Even for a call to my wife's mobile for 1 minute I was charged 25p.  This has been going on for God only knows how long...

Anyone any ideas?! It clearly states that calls to all landlines and all mobiles are included.  Although I don't know all mobile operators I call, I know that some which have been charged for are with Vodafone which must 100% be included.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Talk More Anytime - additional call charges

The tariff does not include all mobiles. If a mobile uses one of three companies (two are Giff Gaff & Lycamobile, can’t remember the other one) then these are exempt & are chargeable. This includes any numbers that have been ported to other operators, as the incoming call are still routed through the original operator.

As far as landlines are concerned, STD codes used in the Channel Isles & Isle of Man are also exempt.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Calendar44
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I just received my bill and am now being charged for mobile calls. I managed to find the terms and conditions on the website and it just said calls are free to all mobiles under Talk More Anytime. How would you know they now exclude certain numbers.  I finally got through to customer services and he kept going on about talk unlimited!

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Calendar44 wrote:

I just received my bill and am now being charged for mobile calls. I managed to find the terms and conditions on the website and it just said calls are free to all mobiles under Talk More Anytime. How would you know they now exclude certain numbers.  I finally got through to customer services and he kept going on about talk unlimited!

See page 5 of the current call tariff document:

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/mobile-browse/downloads/010420_Eve...

Calls to these 3 companies come under “Mobile WiFi” so are exempt.

I would also check your bill, not just MyVirginMedia. If your bill says you are on Talk Unlimited then only calls to Virgin Mobile are included.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Calendar44
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I am looking at my bill right now. It says Talk More Anytime?

0 Kudos
Calendar44
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry folks. I inadvertently deleted the conversation. Not sure if it is still showing!

My bill shows Talk More Anytime. Checking the terms and conditions it seems to indicate I have free calls to UK mobiles.

Tried to fix and the guy said I had a legacy account which only includes calls to Virgin mobiles.  He mentioned Talk Unlimited.  My bill shows Talk More Anytime but he kept saying Talk Unlimited.  He would not accept I had Talk More Anytime.  It definitely says Talk  More Anytime under the package info, as I am viewing my bill right now.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Calendar44 wrote:

Sorry folks. I inadvertently deleted the conversation. Not sure if it is still showing!

My bill shows Talk More Anytime. Checking the terms and conditions it seems to indicate I have free calls to UK mobiles.

Tried to fix and the guy said I had a legacy account which only includes calls to Virgin mobiles.  He mentioned Talk Unlimited.  My bill shows Talk More Anytime but he kept saying Talk Unlimited.  He would not accept I had Talk More Anytime.  It definitely says Talk  More Anytime under the package info, as I am viewing my bill right now.

Many thanks

Check the link I provided earlier. There are three “mobile” operators that use internet facilities & not the mobile networks. These are classed as “Mobile WiFi” and are chargeable 07 numbers.

0 Kudos
Calendar44
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My apologies, I did not see the tiny number 1 next to the plan, so did not scroll down. Need to put my glasses on when reading Virgin small print.

Most of the mobile numbers that call me seem to be the “7” ones. As I am the swarm co-ordinator for our beekeeping club and receive quite a few calls at this time of the year, I will text my reply instead.  I appreciate your patience. Thank you

0 Kudos