cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TELEPHONY DISABLED

mikleslie
Joining in

As advised by the virgin media team i have connected my landline via the adaptor supplied to my router but it will not work (message on phone is check phone line). on further investigation i have found the the router has telephony disabled and no way of enabling it and after reading some other posts it seems that I may have to wait for virgin to switch that feature on in my area. Could someone please advise?

9 REPLIES 9

Client62
Legend

Are your telephone wall sockets still working ?

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mikleslie thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of your concerns.

Can you advise if your standard phone line is still working as if so, it'll be because you haven't switched over yet - we send out the adapter ahead of time!
Please keep us updated.

Many thanks

Tom_W

mikleslie
Joining in

The standard landline is not working

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply. 

Can you please confirm what happens when you attempt to use the landline via the main socket?

Do you have a dial tone? Also, are you able to test another handset on the line?

Thanks, 

Nat

mikleslie
Joining in

There is no dial tone on the existing landline or the router via the adaptor supplied. I have taken the phone to test on another line and it works perfectly.

Hi @mikleslie,

To clarify, you're saying you've tested the handset on another line and it works fine? Can you also confirm if you've tested connecting the landline to the wall socket instead of the router?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

mikleslie
Joining in

Yes. The handset works fine on another landline but there is no dialling tone on either my landline or via the router.

In this case, I am sending you a private message to best look into this. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No problem at all @mikleslie 

Please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs