Menu
Adebayoolabisi
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TELEPHONE NUMBER INVALID.

I transfeŕred my Broadband service during the lockdown period. I never had any cause to use the landline, so I did not connect the box. I connected the box yesterday and was surprised that my telephone number was declared INVALID.

I couldn't effect any change online  and I have spent hours on phone waiting to speak and get help from Virgin.

Quite frustrating!

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TELEPHONE NUMBER INVALID.

@Adebayoolabisi wrote:

I transfeŕred my Broadband service during the lockdown period. I never had any cause to use the landline, so I did not connect the box. I connected the box yesterday and was surprised that my telephone number was declared INVALID.

I couldn't effect any change online  and I have spent hours on phone waiting to speak and get help from Virgin.

Quite frustrating!

All new customers now have the telephone connection via the internet hub. You should have an adaptor to connect your landline phone to the top RJ11 socket on the back of your hub. The wall sockets are no longer used.

If you requested transferring your number from your old provider then Virgin deals with the whole process INCLUDING the cancellation of the account with your old provider. It is important this process is followed as if you yourself give notice to your old provider it will stop your number from being ported & you will loose it.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TELEPHONE NUMBER INVALID.

Hi Adebayoolabisi,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry you've had problems with your landline showing invalid. I can appreciate you're keen to get this fixed.

Have you looked at the useful information from nodrogd above? Can you confirm if you've been trying to transfer a number over to us?

What happens when you call the telephone number you've been given from a mobile?

Let us know a bit more information and we can help further.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos